Preserving and Protecting Our Majestic Gold Country Community
The Centennial Reservoir Project will provide a range of economic, environmental, and social benefits, including recreation, flood control, water supply, river navigation, food security and wildlife habitat.
More specific environmental benefits include:
- Enhanced groundwater recharge
- Flows from the reservoir for species protection
- Enhanced carbon sequestration
- A six-mile long firebreak
- An improvement in the overall health of the regional watershed
- Enhanced water resources to support local food production
- Cold water for downstream river systems
- Increased habitat for local species
The implementation of this project will have no impact on existing fish habitats in the region. The lake will provide an opportunity for both recreational activity and wildlife habitat.